Archive for October, 2006

Long term network marketing success has a number of factors involved, including the compensation plan, the product, and company management experience with integrity.

Arbonne International is a stairstep-breakaway company. What does that mean? It means that in this compensation plan when someone you signed up promotes before you promote you lose a lot if not all of the volume they created and your pay goes down.

So what kind of behavior does that drive in the field? Does it promote an incentive for you to assist your downline to succeed beyond their wildest dreams? Probably not, if your dreams are not furthered, unless you have extraordinary integrity.

Does this model promote an incentive for your upline to help you beyond your wildest dreams if it is not in their best interest?  Maybe, maybe not.

I have heard through a reliable source from Arbonne, but cannot verify, that recently some people were terminated and a vice president’s check was held for a while because people in the organization were teaching others to change into a new upline using a fake name so that they would not promote out and their volume would still benefit the new upline.

Again, I cannot verify this. I do know that it happens in other companies. As far as I’m concerned this is a legitimate reason for people to be terminated – those who practiced this kind of behavior. Why would these distributors take this type of action? Because it’s so hard to make and maintain the volume business to keep the payouts. It’s difficult to find people who will do the business – and you have to have separate legs to promote beyond the basic management level. The only reason the Arbonne distributors were caught, as I understand it, was due to computer system enhancements at Arbonne that allowed Arbonne to track the computers involved.

I will reiterate that I love Arbonne International products. They have great ingredients and give great results. But I cannot do the business. My dreams of network marketing success have taken me elsewhere.

If you are in the same position as I was, I invite you to join the Mentoring for Free trainings. Call me or e-mail me for more information. These trainings are free, they provide skills trainings no one else is doing, and they are fun. There is also a great Saturday night personal growth mastermind call.

Wishing you mlm residual income success through avoiding stairstep-breakaway compensation plans that drive an undesirable behavior in the field,

Wendy Weber, The Singing Network Marketer
602-404-1626
E-mail Wendy for network marketing or health coaching information
www.wendywebermentor.com
“Be a Mentor with a Servant’s Heart”

I love many of the quality products produced by Arbonne International and have had mostly good results using them. However I have not and cannot have network marketing success doing the business of Arbonne International.

The problem is myself. And the problem is not myself. This was brought home to me vividly this week. I have been skirting around this issue, but I now know that I owe it to all of you to speak plainly.

Let’s explore one aspect of this lack of success.

I have been an independent consultant with Arbonne for over 8 years. I have tried many of the marketing techniques, tools, and spent a lot of money. I have a lot of knowledge about the products. I still was not successful.

One of the people in my office of my job (J.O.B = Just Over Broke) told me this week that she had signed up with Arbonne recently and was already a district manager (first level of management). She had made all her money back. I congratulated her.

I mentioned how long I had been with Arbonne and that I could not do the business. She said to me, “Well look what I have as an extended contact base.” She is the training coordinator for my department, she works in a couple of jobs outside my company, so she constantly sees a lot of people. The implication was clear – she had a personality and a contact base advantage.

She is a red personality. I am a blue.

Red’s like to sell. They represent about 15% of the population. And only about 1/2 of the reds like to be sold. That leaves 85% plus of the population that does not like to be sold to amd does not like to sell. (Also check out the greens and yellows.)

This really connects with information that I had received that somewhere about 1 1/2 percent of the independent consultants do the business, and the rest just buy at the consultant discount for themselves and family and some friends. Arbonne is growing very rapidly.

But even if 5% were successful doing the business, that still leaves 95% who are not. The likely reason for this is that the Arbonne compensation plan is a stairstep breakaway plan – red personalities can work it. Most of the rest of us cannot. I’ll discuss this more next week.

There’s nothing wrong with the 95% being consultants purchasing with the discount.

I am among many who left a legacy of debt trying to do the business as I was told.
I didn’t get the support I thought I was going to receive. I tried several different marketing campaigns. I felt like I failed.

It’s Not My Fault

Mentoring for Free came into my life through another frustrated Arbonne consultant. She also still uses some of the products.

What a relief it was to find out that it wasn’t my fault. My personality type generally cannot work the Arbonne type of plan.

What Can You Do?

Are you an Arbonne user but cannot do the business and are looking for network marketing success? I’m not asking you to leave the Arbonne products. I’m not asking you to join my new business.

I’m suggesting that you plug into Mentoring for Free to get the skills that will help you find an mlm company that is right for you. There are criteria you need to know. There are skills you need to have to be successful, skills taught no where else. They might even help you be more successful where you are. The Mentoring for Free mentors would love for that to happen.

You do not have to give up your dreams – unless you want to.

What is the cost? Nothing. Just your time. Just your attention. Plug in to a group of people from many companies, from around the world, who respect and help each other.

What’s the catch?

There is no catch. I was suspicious at first, but found no basis for any suspicion. I found a number of new great friends and mentors. And useful training.

Next time I’ll go into the compensation plan driving the behavior in the field. Most of us do not know enough about this subject. It’s critical for success.

Contact me for more information on Mentoring for Free.

Wishing you mlm residual income success, if not through Arbonne, then through a plan that is more suitable for you –

Wendy Weber, The Singing Network Marketer
602-404-1626
E-mail Wendy for network marketing or health coaching information
www.wendywebermentor.com
“Be a Mentor with a Servant’s Heart”